- What was your condition before Christ?
- What does "dead" mean?
- What caused your death?
- Is this physical or spiritual death? What does that mean?
- Who were you following when you were in this condition?
- If you had to explain verse 2 in one sentence, what would you say?
- Define "gratify".
- What do you think are the "cravings of the sinful nature?"
- How would you make a distinction between "cravings", "desires", and "thoughts"?
- What (or who; or how) brought us to life?
- What does it mean to be "saved?" How are we saved?
- What do you think it means that God "raises us up?"
- How does Christ help us to experience God's riches? What are God's riches?
- Who is responsible for your salvation? You or Jesus? Defend your answer.
- What do you think it means to be "God's workmanship?"
- For what were you created?
- How do you feel you are doing at fulfilling the purpose for which you were created? What do you need to change?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
From Death to Life (Ephesians 2)
Use Ephesians 2:1-10 as a guide for answering these questions: