As a group, read Genesis 3:1-6.
• Why do you think the serpent used questions to start the conversation
• Is it okay for us to question God? Our faith?
• How can those type of questions be helpful or harmful?
• How do you decide who you are going to believe or trust?
• Like the serpent’s philosophy, the world’s philosophy is significantly
different than God’s. What philosophies of the world
contradict God’s desires for us?
• The serpent convinced Eve that she could be like God. How
can the way we look at ourselves keep us from doing what
• Compare Genesis 3:6 to 1 John 2:16. What similarities or
parrallels do you see?
The process prior to Adam and Eve’s sin looks something like
- Questioning and rationalizing God’s command
- Deception and the belief of a lie
- Observing the external attractions of sin
• How do you see these same concepts leading people into sin
• What advice might you give to someone to help them avoid
falling into sin?