WhWhat was the worst chore your parents ever made you do?
- Read Exodus 1:8-14
- What do you think it means to have a “bitter life”?
- What do you think it would have been like to have been born into a slave family?
- Make a list of one word answers that describe how the Israelites probably felt when they were freed from slavery.
- Read Romans 6:16-18
- What kind of sins hold people in slavery?
- What do you think it means to be freed from sin?
- Read Exodus 3:7-10
- How do you think Moses felt about the job God gave to him?
- How can you be like Moses and rescue people from slavery?
- Assign the following verses to different people. After each verse, have the group describe Moses’ excuse for not going to
o Exodus 3:11
o Exodus 3:13
o Exodus 4:1
o Exodus 4:10
o Exodus 4:13
- Go back through those same verses and determine how God responded to Moses’ fears. Have the group discuss how God might respond to their fears.