- Break into groups of two (if you have too few people have them do this individually)
- Assign each group of two one of the following passages. Have them read it and study it and be ready to come back to the group with answers to the questions below.
o Questions for each group:
§ What was it that the people had heard taught in the past?
How did Jesus change that teaching?
§ What is an example of you might obey this teaching in your life?
- After each group presents, have the rest of the group add any comments or examples they might have.
- After all the groups have presented, suggest a list of the “Five ways we should live”
1. Live at Peace
2. Live Purely
3. Live Honestly
4. Live Generously
5. Live Love
- Ask the group to give a specific example of how someone might live out one of these ways of Living.
Ask the group which of these five will be the easiest for them to do. Ask why.
- Ask the group which of these five will be the most difficult for them to do. Ask why.
Challenge the group to follow Jesus by seeking to live by his rules of life. Remind them of the applications they came up with and encourage them to live them out this week!