WhWhen is a time that you have been disobedient? Why? What was the result?
- Have you ever been asked to do something that was extremely hard…but good for you? Did you do it? What was the result?
- Give everyone a moment to skim Genesis 22 and ask a few people in the group to summarize the key points of this story.
- What do you think Abraham felt when God told him to sacrifice Isaac? How would you feel if you were him?
- What was Abraham’s response to God’s command? Why do you think he obeyed?
- Can you think of other times in Abraham’s life that he was obedient?
- Read James 2:21-22.
- How do you think Abraham’s faith helped him obey in this situation?
- Was Isaac an obedient child? Why or why not?
- Do you think Isaac had faith in his Father? Why or why not?
- What are some things difficult things God might ask us to do?
- How does disobedience demonstrate a lack of faith?
- Is there something you need to do in order to demonstrate obedience to God?
- What are you going to do this week to obey and demonstrate your faith?