1. Mistaken identity happens fairly regularly. Sometime we mistake someone for another person, sometimes we’re mistaken for another person. Which would be most embarrassing? Why?
2. Have any of these ever happened to you? Talk about it.
3. Often Christians fail to live life to the fullest because they are mistaken about their identity. According to 1 Peter 1:1,2; what is the identity of believers? What might it look like for a believer to suffer from a case of mistaken identity?
4. As “strangers in the world”, why is hope a valuable commodity? What does it mean to have hope.
5. On what is our hope based? (1 Peter 1:3,4) Is it dependent on anything we do? Why or why not?
6. How might the events of life dampen or eliminate our hope? How can we use 1 Peter 1:3-8 to encourage ourselves and each other to hold on to our hope?
7. What is an area of your life that needs a little hope right now? What can this group do to encourage you?