1. Read Hebrews 11:7. What do you think is the key word or phrase in this verse? Why?
2. What specific action did Noah's faith cause him to take? Would he have undertaken this project if he didn't have faith in God? Why or why not?
3. What are some specific things you have seen people do because of their faith?
4. Noah was warned of events that were coming, but not yet known. What future events has God warned us about already? How should these warnings impact our lives?
5. How has God used other people to give you a warning? How has He used His Word? How should you respond when someone comes to you with a warning about your future (or your present)?
6. The NIV says that Noah acted out of "holy fear". The NASB and ESV say he acted out of "reverent fear". What do you think it means to have holy or reverent fear of God? When have you felt "afraid" of God? Why? How might fear of God be unhealthy?
REVERENCE -- "profound respect or veneration; deeply respectful"
7. This verse says that Noah received the righteousness that comes by faith. What kind of righteousness can we receive by working hard? Is the "righteousness by works" acceptable in God's eyes? Why or why not?
8. How do you need to imitate Noah in your life? What actions should you be taking as a result of your faith?
9. How can this group help you to take your next step?